Scotland | Film 3

<3 Dollar, Scotland<3 Dollar, ScotlandDollar, ScotlandHighland Cow hairGolden field in Dollar, ScotlandFallkirk, ScotlandFallkirk, Scotland

On our very last day in Scotland, I decided to get up at 7 a.m. and stroll until I met some highland cows, determined to photograph them. It might have been my favorite part of our vacation, I had a feeling of ultimate freedom and adventure. I wasn't really sure where I was going and I could focus on mindfully connecting with Scotland. I had a basic idea of where I could find the cows, and on my way I was surprised by all kinds of flora and fauna.

A bit of a scary moment was when two dogs came running up to me barking very loud and acting very territorial. I just stood still and tried to ignore them. One of the dogs sniffed me and just as I was about to make contact, sensing some kind of friendliness, they got called away by their owner. My next meeting was with two horses, a most pleasant surprise indeed. I've loved horses ever since I was a child and often miss not having one around on a regular base. I almost couldn't stop connecting with them but knew I still had to walk back as well.

When I finally spotted the two highland cows I was so thrilled! Unfortunately they were not at all impressed by my efforts to get them closer to me. I sat on the fence, called for them, clapped and made any kind of noise I could think of. For a moment I considered just walking up to them, but decided it wasn't safe enough, not knowing them. And so I started walking back, taking a different path and taking in different views, marveling, breathing in fresh air, feeling the little stones crackle under my feet... simply magical.

Until we meet again Scotland.

Comments

Anonymous said…
magnificent!! i've never been to Scotland before, but would very much like to visit there someday :D
Nanda said…
Wederom prachtige foto's, wauw :)